[Blindmath] analyze of experimental results

Ken Perry kperry at blinksoft.com
Sun Jul 10 22:18:56 UTC 2011

It will depend on how much you want to put into it.  For example getting
something like python with the sympy package allows you to do a lot and
build on  to it  as well.  The octave and maxima projects are in the same
ball game as Mathmatica. And if you learn to use them yes you can do
engeneer level stuff .  It's not an easy sit down thing though.  To get
everything out of math as a blind person you almost have to put twice as
much work into it as your sighted counter parts.  This is not always a bad
thing because when you come out of it you're going to be better than them it
just is not going to be as easy.

I want to encourage you all to go to www.aph.org and go to product
suggestions and suggest tools in math you think you should have.  For
example when I was taking my Calculus classes over 12 years ago the state of
calculators for the blind were about the same as they are now and that is
just sad when there are companies like APH that could be filling the gap.

Ken

Ken