[Blindmath] What is the accessibility level of Safari online books?

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu Jul 28 10:17:57 UTC 2011

Hello,
For my course I needed to use a book which was available through safari
books. There was no maths content as it was about software requirements, but
the general experience was good. Well the experience was good once I changed
the view to HTML, the one I initially had was flash based and so was
inaccessible on the Mac an Linux.

Regarding the cost, for me there was no additional cost as the Open
University have a subscription which allows students to access safari books.

I do keep intending to try out some of the various resources I have access
to through the Open university to see how accessible the maths content is
but I never quite seem to get that far down the list of things to do.

Michael Whapples