[Blindmath] SPSS 19 and Windows 7 64 Bit Operating System

Ian Perrault iperrault at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 14:44:30 UTC 2011

Hi
I’ve heard from some people that SPSS 19 works with JAWS on a 64-bit operating system, and I’ve heard that some don’t. I currently have SPSS 19 installed, and JAWS just freezes. Is it even worth going through installing and configuring the Java Access bridge, or does it not even work when that’s done? Hopefully IBM will contact Freedom Scientiffic for ideas to make the program accessible, and I told the customer service person from IBM that idea so hopefully they follow through. At my graduate school they require SPSS and I’m actually taking some time off until they make SPSS 100 percent accessible.
Ian