[Blindmath] Accessibility of minitab

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Sep 10 19:55:28 UTC 2011

Michael,

Which version of Minitab do you have?  I have it at work and will play with it a little on Monday.  I had some success
with it in the past and felt I had never done all I could to get window-Eyes to work better with it since I only needed it
for a short time.  It seemed to me I was able to do quite a bit with the mouse pointer as a short run solution, but thought
that I had gotten the arrow keys to work a little like a spreadsheet, too, but don't remember for certain.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 20:44:39 +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:

>Hello,
>For a module which is upcoming in my course the Open University use the minitab statistics software. Does anyone
have any experience with this software and its accessibility? An initial look I have given it seems to suggest that while
Window-Eyes can find text on the screen, the controls are sufficiently customised that standard navigation reveals
little useful information and so using screen review is required. Is there any settings which might need tweaking to get
better accessibility?

>Also I will say, I am aware of the alternative statistics software, I just think that as the course will deal with minitab
then I should use it if possible.