[Blindmath] Accessibility of minitab

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sun Sep 11 15:01:12 UTC 2011

Thanks for the information, particularly regarding earlier versions of minitab. Yes the menus are a bit of an issue, window-eyes can manage them a bit but not perfectly, however that's far better than NVDA that reads nothing in the menus. The session view reads reasonably well, NVDA has no issues as far as I can tell, however window-eyes has trouble cursoring left and right. The worksheet area is more trouble, window-eyes seems to be able to read a row when moving up or down but left and right cursors says nothing, NVDA sees nothing. My initial look at the dialog boxes seemed a little better than your experience, however this wasn't a significant test of them.

As my course will only require a small use of minitab I guess its a case of which is simpler, work with minitab but possibly have a few screen reader issues or use something like R but have to learn that on my own. I will see if I can get an earlier version of minitab as that sounds like it may have worked better. However I do have reasons of my own possibly to prefer wanting to use R, mainly that using minitab means pulling out the windows computer where as R would let me work on the Mac.

Michael Whapples