[Blindmath] SVG Printing of Drawings

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Fri Sep 23 20:36:17 UTC 2011

Glad to hear that it is working for you.

Printing: The easiest way to print the drawing is to open the SVG file in
Firefox, Chrome, or IE9. (Earlier versions of IE won't work.) Once the
drawing is open in the browser, normal browser commands such as Ctrl++ and
Ctrl+- can be used to adjust the size to fit the paper. Then print as normal
from a browser.

Embossing: This is a more difficult issue. As far as I know right now, the
only embossers that will accept and emboss graphics directly are embossers
in the ViewPlus Tiger line. (If anyone knows of others, please let me know.)

It is also possible to emboss the drawing on a Duxbury using QuickTac, but
there are several steps involved and it may not be feasible for a blind
person. If anyone is interested, I can write up a set of instructions.

Dick Balwin

--
Richard G. Baldwin (Dick Baldwin)
Home of Baldwin's on-line Java Tutorials

Professor of Computer Information Technology
Austin Community College
(512) 223-4758
mailto:Baldwin at DickBaldwin.com
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/