[Blindmath] Version 0.0.10 of SVGDraw01 is now available for download

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Sat Sep 24 05:42:59 UTC 2011

Version 0.0.10  of my drawing program for blind students is now posted at:
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/SWT-SVG/SVGDraw01.zip and is available for
immediate download.

This version differs from the previous version in two major respects:

1. Addition of clipping capability
The Mod menu now contains a "Clip" action. This action allows you to use one
shape to determine what portion of a second shape actually gets drawn. The
capability is useful for a variety of purposes, one of the most important of
which is to draw circular and elliptical arcs.

2. New packaging
Beginning with this version, I am also trying out a new packaging scheme.
With this scheme, anyone having access to a computer with a Windows
operating system, version XP or later, 32-bit or 64-bit hardware, can run
the SVGDraw01 program from any folder on the disk and even run the program
from a USB flash drive.

Perform the following two steps to run the program
1. Extract all of the material from the zip file into an empty folder being
careful to preserve the directory tree structure.
2. Execute the file named RunSVGDraw01.bat.

Unlike previous versions of the program, it is not necessary for you to have
Java installed on your computer to run the program.

When the program starts, you will land on Home Base from which you can
select any of the actions provided by the menus. Instructions for opening
the Instructions document are printed on Home Base.

Alternatively, you can simply open the file named Instructions.htm in your
browser and read the instructions without running the program.

This is my first time using this packaging scheme. If you encounter any
problems, please let me know.

baldwin at dickbaldwin.com

--
Richard G. Baldwin (Dick Baldwin)
Home of Baldwin's on-line Java Tutorials

Professor of Computer Information Technology
Austin Community College
(512) 223-4758
mailto:Baldwin at DickBaldwin.com
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/