[Blindmath] Experience SVGDraw01 by Dick Baldwin

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Sep 28 02:31:27 UTC 2011

Pranav,

I believe he said that the coordinates selected were a result of the libraries that he used.  For drawings that are not
representing mathematical graphs, this may well be the easiest system to use inasmuch as it gives one their position in
a manner similar to that of a word processor.  However, I agree that this probably adds a level of learning difficulty for
kids who might want to use this to do math homework.  I am not saying it can't be done, but would would be nice is to
have the option of translating the coordinates such that (0, 0) is in the middle of the screen.  I am not sure what is
accomplished by moving (0, 0) to the bottom left over the top left since it doesn't permit negative numbers on either
axis.

Having said this, I can see the possibility of doing flowcharts with this software, especially with a library of flowchart
symbols.  Perhaps there might be a way to have plug-ins or front-end modules that can assist with different types of
drawings.  Obviously, we shouldn't depend upon Mr. Baldwin to do it all, either, but perhaps look for ways to build on
his work perhaps after he has given some thought as to how far he is willing to take this.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson
.