[Blindmath] formatting number lines

Rose engs0006 at umn.edu
Wed Apr 25 14:23:05 UTC 2012

Hello,
BANA has just come out with their tactile graphic guidelines and they
have a good section on number lines. Here is the link if you are interested.

http://www.brailleauthority.org/tg/index.html

Rose E

On 4/25/2012 5:51 AM, Denise Reno wrote:
> most math books in braille continue to the next line, so that is what I
> do!

> Sorry, this may be a bit off topic, but I need help. My student is
> learning integers, and the teacher will be using number lines to
> introduce them.
>
> I have the APH number line, so that it can be used and re-used, but how
> will we do the number lines for a braille worksheet?
>
> The number lines are too long for one braille line, so do we do the
> line on paper that is turned 'landscape' style, or do we continue the
> number line on the next  line? My inclination it to continue the number
> line on the second line. If so, what are the labels I should use to
> indicate the line continues? Thanks,
>
> Suggestions, please.M
>
> Maureen Murphy Lewicki
> Maureen Murphy Lewicki
> Teacher of Visually Impaired
> Bethlehem Central Schools
> (518)439-7681
> "When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought
> in our life, or in the life of another." Helen Keller

Rose Engstrom
Document Conversion Assistant
Disability Services
University of Minnesota
McNamara Alumni Center, Suite 180
200 Oak Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455-2002
Voice: (612) 624-2650
http://ds.umn.edu/

This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.