[Blindmath] Math word norms

Ruchi Patil ruchi_patil at samruddha.net
Wed Mar 14 03:55:09 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I am a mother of a 8 year old kid, in an inclusive school setup. For early
maths, he used marvel math, and for grades 1 and 2, he used hentermath vp
arithmetic. He has been pretty comfortable with all this.

Now, we have multiplication sums, and being a computer user, I type them in
word for him, here I use asterisk symbol for multiply.

Since he has fill in the blanks, I use x for a blank, so its easy to delete
and fill in with the answer.

Also, for minus I use the dash sign.

Now he has numbers in thousands, so if I use commas here, it reads as
characters.

Are there any norms to be followed? Are there any ready reckoner guides that
I can refer. I had once seen something, but have been trying to look for it
with no avail, so please help me regarding this.

Regards,

Ruchi