[Blindmath] Math equations

Neil Soiffer NeilS at dessci.com
Sat Sep 8 22:40:25 UTC 2012

Right now, you need to export the Word doc to a HTML page using MathType's
"Export to MathPage".  From there, you can read it with IE+MathPlayer via a
screen reader.  We hope to have math reading directly in Word by the end of
the year (no promises).  For this to work, screen readers need to do a
little work, and so far, I've gotten initial buy-in by all the major
players.  However, their release cycles all differ, so having it work with
your screen reader may not happen until many months past the time we get it
working.

Sincerely,

Neil Soiffer
SeniorScientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~