[Blindmath] New products being developed

Lauren Bishop laurenalexis96 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 02:55:49 UTC 2012

I'm not aware of any new programs being developed.  I have used a Perkins
Brailler, and I had a TVI transcribe my math for me.  I also use my
Braillenote to do math.  Their are two ways of doing this; you can either
use the Nemith Code, and emboss or email a BRF (Braille file) to a TVI or
anyone who can transcribe Nemeth into print.  Also, I have used computer
braille, which is basically what how you would do Math in word.  If the
student is in Elementary or Middleschool, I would recomend that he or she
uses Nemeth with a TVI transcribing the work as I feel it is important for
all blind students to know Nemeth, and as he or she gets better, and if she
doesn't want to depend on the TVI she can use her Braillenote in computer
Braille.
Lauren