[Blindmath] Nemeth a Braille sense

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at mail.utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 17 03:46:21 UTC 2012

I've heard you can use Nemeth in the Braille Sense calculator, but an
alternative is to create .txt on any notetaker files using computer
(uncontracted) Braille and Nemeth code, then run the file through Nemetex
<http://www.accessisoft.com/nemetex.htm> and then Scientific Notebook
<http://www.mackichan.com/index.html?products/snb.html>  or TeXnicCenter
<http://www.texniccenter.org/> . Math
<http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/>  Type

is also an option, but I'm still unclear as to whether knowledge of LaTeX is
needed to use it. Could someone clarify this for me? The basics of LaTeX are
not difficult to learn for this purpose so it is a viable option (you'd use
your pc rather than a Braille notetaker for Math Type).

Hth,

Sarah

 <http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/> From:
blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf