[Blindmath] html presentation

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Thu Dec 5 23:57:58 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for the various ideas. I've checked them all out and here is the summary of findings:

The pass through keys worked for both NVDA and JAWS. This gave a presentation as the presenter would have given it.

Neither screen reader handled the presentation in terms of me being the presenter. I could read the contents of the slide show in full using the standard webpage tools of JAWS. If I did not use the pass through keys, the various slides were all overlaid. This did not happen while the screen readers were turned off.

Importing into power point was not an option. This gave a blank presentation.

Turning off the virtual viewer in JAWS was not helpful. This gave complete silence.

I will follow up on the accessible html presentations link, but it seems to me that the method of this particular author is not going to give me another tool for later use. Perhaps I will see how the accessible content is managed and how it can be incorporated into the methodology he used last week.

Thankfully, the slide show was of little importance for the usefulness of the actual presentation which I attended. (This was discussed in the other thread I started.) To recap, the presentation was about the use of scalable vector graphics in preference to other file formats.