[Blindmath] Looking for Quantum Physics and Multivariable Calculus textbooks in Braille

Gabriela Moats gmoats at haverford.edu
Wed Oct 9 17:29:28 UTC 2013

Hi all,
Time to start getting ready for the spring! Anyone happen to have the
following books in Braille? I've looked on the APH Louis database and
didn't have any luck. Any other suggestions of Braille book databases would
be greatly appreciated! The books are:

1) "Quantum Physics: A Fundamental Approach to Modern Physics." University
Science Books, 2009 - John Townsend

2) "Calculus: Multivariable" (5th ed).  Wiley, 2008 - Hughes-Hallett et al.

I heard from the author of the first book that several years ago there was
an engineering student at Rice who was blind and got the book converted
into Braille, but the disabilities office at Rice wasn't able to help me
find the student. If by some miracle anyone happens to know of this person
please please let me know so we can try to avoid the cost of transcribing
it again!

Thanks!

Gabriela

--
Gabriela Echavarría Moats
Special Assignment Coordinator of Accommodations
gmoats at haverford.edu
(512) 913-8067