[Blindmath] Braille cell size n Interpoint printing query

George Bell george at techno-vision.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 16:22:06 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately your table didn't format in transit.

However, a common dimension in Europe is 2.5 millimetres centre to centre both vertically and horizontally with the cell being 1 millimetre at its base.

However, Interpoint braille places the opposing side's dots midway between rows both vertically and horizontally. So if you apply Pythagoras Theorem, the dots are actually approximate 1.75 millimeters centre to centre from the nearest dots on the other side.  For example in the middle of the square formed by dots 1,2,4,5 and dots 2,3,5,6.

I hope I've made that clear - it's been over 50 years since I did any math at all.

George.