[Blindmath] analitical software

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 27 16:35:18 UTC 2014

Maple is a commercial product. It's pretty expensive. Are you sure the
university doesn't provide you with access to Maple? It seems odd to me
that they'd ask you to use Maple but not provide it.

I believe the  main ope-source alternative to Maple. is a product called
sage.  We do linux only here at the University of Wisconsin so I don't
know if there is a Windows version.  If you are going to study physics,
you'd be better off switching to linux anyway.

Here is a link to a page that lists several alternatives to maple. Many
of them are commercial products but many others are free and open-source:
http://alternativeto.net/software/maple/?platform=linux