[Blindmath] Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator Audio Demonstration

Edgar Lozano 1419goku at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 19:56:33 UTC 2014

Dear BlindMath Community,

Recently, a friend and I have done a short podcast introducing the
TI84 Graphing Calculator. I thought that some of you on this list
would really benefit from listening, which is why I would like to
provide a direct link to the website from where you can download or
play it. My friend's name is Jose, and he is fortunate enough to have
obtained his calculator late last week. We attempt to acquaint you to
the device's orientation, basic functionality, and explain some of its
limitations.
We are both beginning college students who are attempting to inform
the blind community of existing technology that may serve as
entertaining  or helpful in a variety of settings.

Warning: This demonstration was recorded remotely. Therefore, we were
unable to capture the product's full audio capabilities. For example,
the stereo feedback produced when tracing a graph. This also implies
that audio professionalism was not a priority.

Again, in this tutorial, we do not focus on the calculator's advance
functionality. A simple introduction to the product is its main focus.

Below is a short description of the tutorial as it is displayed on our website:
In this episode of The Edgar Entertainment Show, Jose and Edgar come
to you to demonstrate a newly obtained TI84 plus talking graphing
calculator. This device is currently being sold and distributed by APH
(American Foundation for the Blind).
Jose goes through some of the basic configurations, graphs a couple of
functions, and proceeds to explain some methods by which you too can
own one for yourself. this is especially helpful in a math class
environment. Keep in mind that this demonstration is being done
remotely. Therefore, we were unable to record the calculator's full
audio graphing capabilities. We hope you enjoy.

Finally, the link is
http://realrandomradio.com/edgar_entertainment_show/227.html.
Feedback on this podcast episode is always welcome and appreciated.
Further audio demonstrations on this topic will be produced if
interest is presented.
We hope you enjoy!

--
Thanks for reading.