[Blindmath] UEB and Braille Math in the United States

Susan Jolly via Blindmath blindmath at nfbnet.org
Wed May 21 21:44:29 UTC 2014

There was mention on this list of the upcoming switch to UEB in the United
States. Please note that we are not switching to the full UEB code; we will
only be using those parts of UEB that apply to literary text and to computer
notation.  BANA has stated that we will continue to use Nemeth for math but
it has not as yet posted any details as to exactly how this will be
implemented.  However, we will very likely make use of the existing UEB
symbols for switching into and out of Nemeth.

SusanJ