[Blindmath] JAWS with Mathematica

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu Oct 16 21:03:40 UTC 2014

Hello:
First, a few things:
If you're using Mathamatica's kernel (which I recommend), you can just
type and it'll show the results as they would normally see them.
 From the kernel, I always use this:
$Post=InputForm
This is case sensative, but shows fractions as 2/3 instead of 2 and 3
vertically.
also here is a quick script I wrote to make Jaws read the output if
they're using Jaws. It could probably be better, but it works so far.
To use this, press insert+0 from the mathamatica kernel, and paste in
the code between the ;start and ;end. Press control+s and close the
script manager.
;start:
use "default.jsb"
Void Function NewTextEvent (handle hWnd,  string sBuffer,  int
iAttributes,  int iTextColor,  int iBackgroundColor,  int iEcho, string
sFrameName)
SayString(sBuffer)
return
EndFunction