[Blindmath] Math in your head

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:12:49 UTC 2015

Hi all,

My biggest problem with geometry and math in your head came with startup
configuration. I was in middle-school and most things start with the word
triangle. If someone told me imagine a triangle, my question would be what kind
of triangle? How is it oriented that is, if it is an isosceles triangle, where
is the pointy end? If it is a right angle triangle, where is the right angle? Is
it on my right, at the bottom or on the top?

Everything goes downhill from there oh and the moment someone mentions a solid
around the y axis, I think of a cylinder wrapped around a vertical line and a
horizontal line below the entire construct. I do not think of a 2d
representation of that cylinder.
Pranav