[Blindmath] Braille Exam Papers

Claire Shanks claire.shanks at york.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 11:17:14 UTC 2016

Good afternoon,

I have joined this list today and hoping someone may be able to offer me
guidance on Braille exam papers.  I have a new Physics student who is blind
and will require his exam papers in Braille.  As the papers include
diagrams and mathematical equations, it will cost approximately £1k per
exam paper to produce in the student's preferred format.  We are
considering purchasing our own Braille embosser with appropriate software
to produce this in-house and wondered whether anyone can advise on an
appropriate embosser or if there are other alternative solutions.

I look forward to hearing from you.  Many thanks.

Best wishes
Claire

--

*Claire Shanks*

*Disability Adviser (Faculty of Science and Medicine)*

Open Door and Disability

Sally Baldwin Buildings

Block B

University of York

Heslington

York

YO10 5DD

Tel: 01904 324101

Fax: 01904 324142

Email: disabilityservices at york.ac.uk

Web: www.york.ac.uk/students/support/disability/

*This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based
upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the
sender if you believe you have received this email in error. *

*Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of The University of York.*