[BlindMath] Scanning braille for sight reading

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at boisestate.edu
Wed Jul 26 16:35:14 UTC 2017

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04, and Duxbury's `PerkyDuck` tool works well under
Wine emulation.  I also run the full DBT system on Win10, running under
emulation in VirtualBox.

`PerkyDuck` is freely available, and saves in DXB, BRF and BRU formats.  It
is available from the following URL.

http://www.duxburysystems.com/product2.asp?product=Perky%
20Duck&level=free&action=pur

When run under VirtualBox, Win10 emulation, the regular keyboard works
effectively as a six-key braille keyboard.  When run under Wine directly in
Ubuntu 16.04, the regular keyboard does not operate as a six-key braille
keyboard.  I'm using the Galatee add-on keyboard when I use PerkyDuck
directly under Wine.  The Galatee keyboard seems to be no longer produced,
but perhaps you could find options on eBay?

http://www.techno-vision.co.uk/products/braille-input-keyboard/

HTH,

_don