[BlindMath] Electronics Code

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Mon Mar 27 20:11:06 UTC 2017

There is no special braille code for electronics symbols. The math is done in whichever code the student uses or wants to learn. Schematic diagrams usually have letter-number combinations representing the components, and a parts list that spells out more particulars of these components. Blind people who work in this field have wished for, and not always gotten, a verbal description of a schematic diagram, described with some understanding of the functioning of the circuit so that the description is complete and covers the connections in a logical manner. It is a good idea to learn what the schematic symbols look like when represented tactually, but diagrams quickly become too complicated to reproduce as raised drawings.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20542   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls/
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.