[BlindMath] translating LaTEX code to braille,

John Gardner gardnerj at oregonstate.edu
Tue Mar 28 23:25:49 UTC 2017

Yes, the EmBraille can emboss Latex. It isn't any kind of magic - Latex is
just text. TSS translates Word to braille, and math is expressed  using
MathType. MathType can output Latex, as people on this list know, so it is
one of the options for how to display MathType equations. It can be a useful
option for braille readers who would rather learn Latex than Nemeth or other
math braille code.

John