[BlindMath] Accessibility for Stats courses

Sweeney, Hope sweenehm at miamioh.edu
Fri Sep 8 13:49:07 UTC 2017

Good Morning,
I am currently working with several students taking undergrad and grad
level statistics courses.  We've sent the books to a third party vendor for
accessible format but are working to ensure accessibility in day to day
classes and other materials for the classes.  R and RStudio are being used-
we are attempting to work with Braille R but I have nothing conclusive
there yet.  As far as day to day class time, I found information on
MathType being able to work with hand written equations and an App called
IDEALMath that works the same.  I am hoping someone has a process they
utilize that works well to ensure complete accessibility.  What absolutely
hasn't worked so you've scrapped and/or had faculty scrap?

Regards,
Hope Sweeney

                       *Student Disability Services  *

Hope M. Sweeney, MA
Accommodations Coordinator
Office of Student Disability Services
Shriver Center Rm. 304
Oxford, OH. 45056
(513) 529-1541 Office  (513) 529-8595 Fax
*PGP: She, Her, Hers*

*Input-Connectedness-Intellection-Achiever-Empathy*

Visit our Website www.miamioh.edu/sds for more information.

*The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of
others. – M.K. Gandhi*

*This message, along with any accompanying attachments, is intended for use
by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential, privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure
recipient, the dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply or by telephone at (513)
529-1541. *