[BlindMath] Math ML

Sara Larkin SLarkin at iowa-braille.k12.ia.us
Fri Jan 5 19:52:41 UTC 2018

I received the following message from a transcriber "Colleges are starting to ask us about our abilities to work with Math ML. I am afraid we simply don't know much about it. The one person asking me about it said it was great for using it on a note taker. I would think the spatial requirements for Nemeth would never lend itself to be easily read on a 1 or 2 line display but perhaps I am wrong. Either way if colleges are using web based Math ML for material it will not be long before high schools will as well."

I have some information, but am sure there is more out there. Thought I would throw it out to the group and see what everyone else knows about it. Are people using it with students and if so, how? Thoughts?
Thanks,
Sara

Sara Larkin
Statewide Math Consultant
Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1002 G Avenue
Vinton, IA 52349

(319)310-6070 mobile
FAX: (319)472-5174