[BlindMath] Do you need non-visual access to maps or geospatial data?

Ed Summers Ed.Summers at sas.com
Tue Dec 17 17:09:29 UTC 2019

My name is Ed Summers. I'm a blind Computer Scientist and I'm the Director of Accessibility at SAS.

We've created a prototype of software that enables blind users to import data that include geospatial coordinates (latitude/longitude), render those data as a map, and then interactively explore the map using non-visual methods.

Are you a blind student or professional with an immediate need to analyze geospatial data? Would you like to get early access to this prototype and provide feedback? If so, please email me off list at accessibility at sas.com<mailto:accessibility at sas.com> by December 23.

Thanks,
Ed