[BlindMath] Voice activated screen reader graphic calculators?

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 17:26:24 UTC 2019

Well, if you are advancing, you should definitely learn to use that calculator you have because you will need it. I did not have that calculator because it wasn't really main stream when I was in college since it is pretty new, and I had a lot of trouble getting through a class that was designed around the use of this calculator that I did not have. Could the class have been taught without the calculator, probably so, but all college math classes now are basically designed around the use of a calculator.

Sabra Ewing

> [...]
>>

>> Thank you for taking the time to read this E Mail!
>> Blessed be!!!
>> Kendra Schaber,
>> Chemeketa Community College,
>> 350 Org,
>> Citizen’s Climate Lobby,
>> National Federation of the Blind of Oregon,
>> Capitol Chapter,
>> Salem, Oregon.
>> Home email:
>> Redwing731 at gmail.com
>> Chemeketa Community College Email:
>> Kschaber at my.Chemeketa.edu
>> Phone:
>> 971-599-9991
>> "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear" Author Unknown.
>> Sent From My iPhone SE.
>> Sent from My Gmail Email.
>> Get Outlook Express for IOS.
>>

>>> On Feb 1, 2019, at 18:35, Steve Jacobson via BlindMath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> As the moderator, I want to thank Ken for his patience in helping to work
>>> through this issue.  Please let me add my voice to his and others that
>>> trying the tutorials that APH offers first makes sense.  Also, and I assumed
>>> this has not changed completely, there will be other methods taught to
>>> mathematically find the minimum and maximum points of a graph.  I am
>>> guessing that the current need for this is a short one.  Also, Ken's point
>>> that including certain features might invalidate the use of the calculator

>>> 40afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636846418152642100&sdata=Q0KzO9MzGPoKCo0E
>>> U%2FCD68YLewPFtOYy%2BAVO%2F1EuRlw%3D&reserved=0>  for iOS
>>>

>>> _____

>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbnet.org%
>>> 2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fblindmath_nfbnet.org%2Fkperry%2540blinksoft.co&dat
>>> a=02%7C01%7C%7C935e2b42fcd54ae0de7a08d6887171be%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaa
>>> aaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636846418152642100&sdata=Hd5YLurejGaT08SNyrhk%2F8xXxT1d
>>> 0qohKZK40C7HQ1E%3D&reserved=0
>>> BlindMath Gems can be found at
>>> <https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blinds
>>> cience.org%2Fblindmath-gems-home&data=02%7C01%7C%7C935e2b42fcd54ae0de7a0
>>> 8d6887171be%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636846418152642100&
>>> amp;sdata=EBOPCxUVrykKvIJDJ2Geto55llK8bCkiJpAI7soGv1o%3D&reserved=0>

>>> BlindMath:
>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbnet.org%
>>> 2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fblindmath_nfbnet.org%2Fredwing731%2540gmail.co&dat
>>> a=02%7C01%7C%7C935e2b42fcd54ae0de7a08d6887171be%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaa
>>> aaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636846418152642100&sdata=PmCSste2urt%2FebiZt38xOGRRZJkQ
>>> iDdOVw1cMutwEI0%3D&reserved=0
>>> BlindMath Gems can be found at
>>> <https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blinds
>>> cience.org%2Fblindmath-gems-home&data=02%7C01%7C%7C935e2b42fcd54ae0de7a0
>>> 8d6887171be%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636846418152642100&
>>> amp;sdata=EBOPCxUVrykKvIJDJ2Geto55llK8bCkiJpAI7soGv1o%3D&reserved=0>

>>> BlindMath:
>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbnet.org%
>>> 2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fblindmath_nfbnet.org%2Fsteve.jacobson%2540visi.com&amp
>>> ;data=02%7C01%7C%7C935e2b42fcd54ae0de7a08d6887171be%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aa
>>> aaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636846418152652129&sdata=kJZInJRV8YG8YjiW8xHQKgde1E
>>> XLNfNcIpPqjadOCnw%3D&reserved=0
>>> BlindMath Gems can be found at
>>> <https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blinds
>>> cience.org%2Fblindmath-gems-home&data=02%7C01%7C%7C935e2b42fcd54ae0de7a0
>>> 8d6887171be%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636846418152652129&