[BlindMath] Math textbooks produced by Pierson Publishing:

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:39:21 UTC 2019

Hi Zack!
 Unfortunently, I don’t know what they are doing to fix the problem. I don’t even know if they know how to fix the problem. However, I would like to look for the best ways to improve accessibility such as getting their books that are on line to work with NVDA and not just JAWS 2019 for example. If they get back to you, go ahead and pass my Email along with them so that we can work together to get their books accessible across all screen reader platforms, particularly if they are not accessible across them. I have JAWS 2018 and NVDA on my computer. I would need all of their books to cover JAWS and NVDA in order to work with them on my computer. Since Math is the big subject where I’m having the worst trouble with accessibility and particularly most probomatic is matereals arriving on time, I, along with all other blind students who use both screen readers and braille need top notch accessibility across the platforms, not just one because the diversity is so wide that you can’t just stick a bunch of books accessible to JAWS when half of the blind students use NVDA for example.

Thank you for taking the time to read this Email!
Blessed be!!!
Kendra Schaber
Chemeketa Community College,
350 Org,
Citizen’s Climate Lobby,
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon,
Capitol Chapter,
Salem, Oregon.
Home Email:
Redwing731 at gmail.com
Chemeketa Community College Email:
Kschaber at my.Chemeketa.edu
Phone:
971-599-9991
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”, Author unknown.
Sent from my iPhone SE.
Sent from my Gmail Email