[BlindMath] Agile Mind and Blind Student

Shelley Mack smackbrl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 17:54:27 UTC 2019

I know of one district that printed the entire program off and is having it
transcribed into braille. On a side note and just my opinion, I don't
understand how younger--or even older--students can become proficient in
math skills without hard copy braille. Only listening to math or even
getting one line at a time on refreshable braille is simply not the same as
getting the whole picture, not to mention the accompanying tactile graphics
that are often not provided in these situations. I'll get off my soapbox
now.

Thanks,
Shelley