[BlindMath] Questions regarding stats

Emily Schlenker eschlenker at cox.net
Mon Jul 22 13:41:43 UTC 2019

Well, I think the most important thing is to make sure that any PDF of the book is properly tag so that the screen reader reads it in the right order. It is one thing to get a digital book from a publisher, and it is another thing for that book to be accessible with jaws or NVDA. I think it might be better to get with the publisher about possibly obtaining what is called the XML file of the book, which may be more easily read than a PDF. Often the e-book is full of graphics and other things that interfere with a person trying to use a screen reader.  When I took statistics, I used a textbook online and read it and HTML with NVDA.  Of the publisher was Pearson.  Sent from my iPhone