[BlindMath] MathPlayer Installation

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Sun Mar 10 18:03:15 UTC 2019

Hello,

After being away from math for two years, I wanted to rebuild my math capability.

I know that NVDA (version 2018.4.1)-MathPlayer-MathType used to be the formula for reading mathematics in word.

I have a 32-bit version of Microsoft Office 2016
(Microsoft(r) Word for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11328.20144) 32-bit).

I got MathPlayer from
(http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/download.htm).

I installed it.

When I open a word file, I see the MathPlayer menu in the ribbons tab.

I can arrow down into the MathPlayer options.  I can left and right arrow to see the various options.  I can't activate any of the options including the help menu.  I have tried to hit enter or space, and I am bounced back into the text of my word file.

Is NVDA-MathPlayer-MathType still the formula for reading math in word?

Have others had this problem of not being able to activate MathPlayer options in word?

I do not think that MathPlayer is being supported anymore.

Since I can't activate the help menu, I can't tell exactly which version of MathPlayer I have.  I believe it is version 4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838