[BlindMath] Request for NFB STEM scholarship donation

John Miller johnmillerphd at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 14 20:46:23 UTC 2019

Hello,

Please consider making a donation to the NFB STEM Scholarship.
With the support of members from the Blind Stoker's Club I was able to raise $5000 for a scholarship last year.
This was a fantastic accomplishment.
I wanted to let you know that Cathy Tuton received our 2018 $5000 NFB STEM scholarship.  She plans to work in the field of dietetics.  She is at community college in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.  She currently is taking a course in chemistry.
We will give a scholarship for $3k or $5k in July 2019, to a deserving blind student in a STEM field.
The NFB Science Division and the NFBCS Division have raised $4660 towards the scholarship and have just $340 to go in order to award a $5000 scholarship as we did last year.
For those who have made donations I wanted to extend my sincere thanks for making this scholarship possible.
I believe we are making a large impact in creating a new generation of blind scientists.

We hope to have all donations received by the accounting office by April 1.<x-apple-data-detectors://7>
You may make a donation in two ways:
Make out a check to the National Federation of the Blind,  note “STEM Scholarship” in the memo line of your check and mail it to:
National Federation of the Blind
Accounting – Scholarships
200 East Wells St.<x-apple-data-detectors://8>
Baltimore, MD 21230<x-apple-data-detectors://8>

Donate online.  Go to nfb.org/donate<http://nfb.org/donate>, fill out the form and in the notes field, specify “STEM Scholarship.”
Please tell me if you make a donation so we may update our records.

Thank you so much for your support.

Very Best,
John Miller

Sent from my iPhone