[BlindMath] Question about Computer Programming

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 9 14:47:14 UTC 2019

I believe most blind computer programmers write their code in a plain
old text editor. Either that or they use a text editor with extra
features designed to help with writing computer code. There are a lot of
very accessible text editors. In fact, I think the problem might be that
there are so many possibilities it might be hard to choose the right
one. Here is an article about the top 20 text editors of 2018. Note that
for many of them, it specifically mentions that they make a good
programming environment:
https://www.keycdn.com/blog/best-text-editors

PS: I write code every day and I just use the Linux text editor, gedit.

On 10/9/19 8:29 AM, Christina Martin via BlindMath wrote:> I have a
student who is in a computer science class who has started using