[BlindMath] Helpful suggestions

hmelias09 at gmail.com hmelias09 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 17:09:43 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone:

My name is Hector Elias, and I am writing to this mailing list to ask for
suggestions. I am very low partial, and that vision doesn't allow me to use
a CCTV any more. Growing up I had a hard time with getting services from my
school district, so I am a late bloomer. I do know how to read literary
braille, but never learned Nemeth. I am a STEM student, working to get my
degree in Computer Science. I have gone through most of my classes using a
screen reader and the CCTV. However, the CCTV is more of a hindrance then a
help. I have belly flopped throughout my math courses, and now find myself
struggling to proceed. I am also having issues with my math based classes
for computers such as: Discrete Structures, Boolean Algebra, and so on.

What suggestions are there for me to bring myself up to speed in Nemeth, and
are there any tools or techniques for me to aid in my journey? I saw some
post about LaTex and I was wondering what it is and how to learn it.

Sorry if I sound ignorant but I have stuck to my CCTV and now I can't use it
anymore. Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Hector Elias