[BlindMath] Question About Backtranslation of Nemeth Math

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 11:06:06 UTC 2019

I'd argue back translation would be good for everybody.
The student could get feedback as quickly as their peers. Knowing that they
can do math, and that they don't have to learn LaTex or other tools at the
same time as math may enspire them to continue with math as well.
I wouldn't present it as "You can use this, it's more meant for students who
don't want to continue with math" because that puts a stigma both on the
back translation capability, and also on the student using it, i.e. "Only
the dumb kids do it this way".
Make the capability happen, and you may be real pleased with its usage.