[BlindMath] Taking notes

hmelias09 at gmail.com hmelias09 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 17:44:02 UTC 2019

Hello everyone:

So I have been studying both the Nemeth and UEB math. However, I have ran
into a problem, and I am not sure if it's me or my AT. I am trying to use my
Focus 40 with JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver on my Mac and iPhone. I can't seem
to get it to work. I can't type Nemeth it tries to convert all my symbols to
UEB contracted. So I can't use it to take notes or write equations. I
recently ordered a Perkins typewriter but its in the mail. Now, when I try
using the UEB math it partially works. It works for all the simple
characters, but I noticed when I need to invoke grade 1 symbol (dots 5 6) it
doesn't except it. It converts it to grade 2.

What suggestions do you have that can help me write my stuff using a braille
display and an electronic device so I can study and take notes?

Thanks,

Hector Elias