[BlindMath] Writing LaTeX equations in word with Jaws or NVDA

Emily Schlenker eschlenker at cox.net
Thu Apr 16 13:52:23 UTC 2020

Hi. I have used math type  to render equations in word. It actually works reallyit actually works really well, but it does take some time. Another option is if your student can do the math assignments in braille and then go over them with the professor, this actually saves a lot of time and is very efficient. I did this with my homework and exams when I took calculus, and it was a lot better than writing everything out and turning it in and not getting feedback in a timely manner from the instructor. Working face-to-face is much better and saves a lot of time and frustration.

Sent from my iPhone