[BlindMath] Pandoc Manual

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Sun Aug 2 02:22:40 UTC 2020

Data intended for INTERNAL USE

Hello Bert,

The pandoc manual is extensive and pretty comprehensive. It is not for the faint-hearted, nor for the beginner. I very seldom go anywhere near it, and not willingly when I do.

I do ask Google to solve my problems, and there is plenty of advice out there, for both novice and seriously advanced users. I think we're seeing that there are a few people on this list that might be a better option than Google, so I may reach out for help here more in future.

I use R markdown which mixes R input and formats the text and the resulting output using markdown. I'd wholeheartedly recommend its use if anyone (blind or sighted) wants to use R, but for an ordinary document perhaps with some mathematical content, it is not necessary. My standard workflow is therefore not going to be the right way for everyone. Anyone wanting to use R markdown should engage with the BlindRUG list, also hosted by the NFB server.

I did say I would find some good markdown editors to recommend. I got side tracked with my day job, but I'm still looking. I did want to provide download links too, but haven't found all of them either yet.

Jonathan