[BlindMath] Pandoc Manual

Ishe The Euclidian ishe+stem.Maths at chinyoka.com
Sun Aug 2 11:48:33 UTC 2020

As for me, I find the manual simple to understand though.

It has two main parts: the first being the way to run it on the command
line, and the other one is a guide to Markdown. I am sorry that you are
having problems opening it in Firefox using JAWS.

Like what Volodymyr is suggesting, if you use NVDA, you will find it is
read nicely. Just try the usual tricks (even with Jaws) such as hitting
H to move through headings, L for lists if you find reading the whole
document being troublesome. However, you will find that the manual has a
lot to offer even for a first-timer to Markdown and Pandoc.

BTW, Volodymyr, as an aside, which are these parameters one has to pass
to Chromium on Linux for it to be accessible? I personally gave up
running it with Orca. I would be pleased to try them.

Ishe

Volodymyr Dorozhinsky via BlindMath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> writes:

> Hello Bert!
>

> Have You tried any other screen reader except JAWS? E.g. NVDA on Windows
> or Orca on Linux. Both work fine for me in Firefox/Chrome.
>
> Note however, to use Chrome with Orca on Linux some additional flags
> should be passed to Chrome during startup.
>

> Best regards
>
> Volodymyr
>

> On 8/1/20 10:39 PM, Bert Van Landeghem via BlindMath wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> ]
>>
>> Inspired by the latest discussions, I have installed pandoc and am trying
>> to consult the more extensive manual at
>>
>> https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html
>>

>> The manual is however huge and * I have trouble navigating it with JAWS in
>> both Chrome and Edge. Indeed, navigation is extremely sluggish. Any ideas
>> how I can browse the manual swiftly?*
>>

>> *Best wishes,*
>>
>> *Bert*

Ishe