[BlindMath] Fw: [program-l] Python library for converting graph data to audio for use in data science project

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Wed Aug 12 13:27:09 UTC 2020

FYI:
___Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer, National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled, Library of congress_____________________________________
From: program-l-bounce at freelists.org <program-l-bounce at freelists.org> on behalf of hassaku <hassaku.apps at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:08 AM
To: program-l at freelists.org
Subject: [program-l] Python library for converting graph data to audio for use in data science project

Hello,
My name is hassaku. I'm a machine learning engineer with an interest in
accessibility for AI and just recently joined this mailing list.

Inspired by a data sonification library in R language, I created the
Python library for converting graph data to audio for use in Jupyter
notebook or Google Colab commonly used in data science. In converted
audio, values are represented by pitches, and the timeline is
represented by left and right pans. Multiple comparison graphs can be
played simultaneously or alternately. I have confirmed that it works
with NVDA and VoiceOver. Please check them in example page.

Example : https://hassaku.github.io/audio-plot/
Usage : https://github.com/hassaku/audio-plot
Tutorial :
https://colab.research.google.com/github/hassaku/audio-plot/blob/master/demo.ipynb

I'll try to add interactivity to the library like accessiblegraphs.org
recently mentioned in this ML somehow, but I haven't come up with a way
to do it yet. I'd be very happy to get a lot of feedback and advice not
only to interactivity. Thanks in advance.

hassaku
hassaku.apps at gmail.com
** [mailto:program-l-request at freelists.org?subject=unsubscribe]
** program-l-request at freelists.org