[BlindMath] Virtual Audio Lessons for Mathematics

Bhavya shah bhavya.shah125 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 16:48:59 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Thank you so much everyone - Ceci, Brandon, Nicolas, Alan, and Sanchit
- for your interest, kind words, and thoughtful suggestions. Based on
all your messages, I have noted down the following in my to-do list:
* interacting with Math ML content using Math Player and screen reader
* typing Math using LaTeX
* cover trigonometry
* using Math in markdown
I have added nuances to some and generalized other suggestions. Please
let me know in case I have misunderstood any of your requests. I am
unable to provide a timeline for each of these tutorial ideas but
promise to try my best to get to them sooner rather than later.

There are some suggestions I am less certain of being able to
implement in the near future, specifically those of covering
college-level Math like calculus and finite mathematics.
Unfortunately, I am not currently looking at teaching college-level
Math because (a) I am in the early stages of my own undergraduate
studies so am unqualified to teach finite mathematics to others, and
(b) my belief and personal experience has been that a solid foundation
in Math enables you to manage higher level Math with greater ease
despite greater accessibility challenges. Therefore, I think I will
focus on school level Math for now so as to help students build that
foundation. Having said that, I will note down your suggestion in my
to-do list so that I can review it in the more distant future. Again,
many thanks for your inputs.

Incase anyone has additional thoughts and comments, I would love to
hear them. I am currently in the process of feedback gathering in
order to gauge student need, so your inputs will help shape how Math
By Ear moves forward.

Thanks.