[BlindMath] FW: 2021 AER Global Scholarship announcement!

Susan Osterhaus osterhauss at tsbvi.edu
Fri May 7 02:20:28 UTC 2021

Hi Everyone,

I’m hoping that we have some “students originating from areas outside of
mainland United States and Canada who are obtaining post-secondary
education to serve students with visual impairments in their region” on
this list. We need more students with these goals who also have a strong
interest in mathematics!! If so, read on…

*The Global Issues Division is Now Accepting Applications for the 2021*
* Scholarship*

AER's Global Issues Division is offering a scholarship competition for
students originating from areas outside of mainland United States and
Canada who are obtaining post-secondary education to serve students with
visual impairments in their region.

This scholarship is open to cultural and geographical locations around the
world; however, it is not open to American or Canadian students studying in
or outside of their home country.

Two scholarships of $500 will be awarded to students studying to work with
people who are blind and/or visually impaired. The scholarship is a
restricted award and needs to be used to further the student's education in
the field of blindness and visual impairments.

If you have any questions, please contact Gina Bourgeous via email at
*ginabourgeous at gmail.com* <ginabourgeous at gmail.com>.

*The deadline for the application is Friday July 30, 2021.*

Please share the attached application with anyone who may meet the criteria
for the scholarships.

Thank you!

--

AER Division 18, International Services and Global Issues

aer.global.division at gmail.com

Website
<https://aerbvi.org/about/divisions/international-services-global-issues-division/>

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/aerglobalissues/>

Dr. Belinda Rudinger, chair

Dr. Kevin McCormack, past chair

Carmen McLain, treasurer

Katie Ericson, secretary

*Mission*
The AER International Services and Global Issues Division exists to raise
awareness and facilitate engagement of AER members in services, trends, and
issues affecting people who are visually impaired in a global context.