[Blindtlk] Advice for blind dads?

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 05:08:50 UTC 2009

I am not yet a father, and I'm often described as a bit traditional
in such matters, but I think that perhaps it is because the
traditions are good ones in this respect:

It seems to me that if one is a good man, a good husband to his wife,
loves his children, and shows them the same firmness in values and
respect he expects them to learn, he will naturally tend to be a good
father.  I don't think blindness enters the picture there too much.
I think it's more about the example you set for your children.

A child's first role models are parents, and I believe it takes two
good parents to give children the best shot at turning out okay in a
world that seems to have gone crazy.

Joseph