[Central-md-chapter] November 7th central Maryland chapter meeting agenda

Graham Mehl blind at trailstone.com
Thu Nov 2 01:02:04 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, November 7th at 6:30 p.m. is fast
approaching. The Other Barn is located at 5851 Robert Oliver Pl, Columbia,
MD.

During the October meeting we welcomed everyone back after our summer break.
We recapped what occurred during our annual picnic. We read the read the
Howard county proclamation for white cane safety day. While discussing the
options for the type of food we are going to have at our Holiday party in
December, we ate cake to celebrate Graham Mehl getting a job with the
Department of Defense. We talked briefly about the NFB of Maryland State
convention that is taking place on November 10-12th.

The tentative agenda for the meeting is as follow:

1.    Guest speaker from the Washington Ear to discuss audio description of
plays etc.

2.    Chapter business

a.    Tino's fundraiser update

b.    Braille Literacy conference

3.    Finalize Annual Holiday party meeting plans that will be in December

4.    Presidential release

5.    Reciting the NFB Pledge

If you need transportation to the meeting, please remember to contact Sharon
Maneki by email  <mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net> nfbmd at earthlink.net or phone
at 410-715-9596 and bring a contribution to the meeting for the
transportation fund if possible.

NFB of Maryland State convention is occurring on November 10th - 12th, 2017

. Place: Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, 903 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, MD
21204 (410) 321-7400

. Come and meet our keynote speaker, Everette Bacon, a member of the
National Board of Directors and President of the NFB of Utah.

. Explore opportunities through special workshops for seniors, parents and
teachers of blind children, students and blind merchants and entrepreneurs.

. Examine new products at the exhibit hall on Friday. Should Aira, a new
technology, be in your future?

. Help us raise expectations for ourselves and for officials who manage
services for the blind.

For more information and the agenda (will be posted soon) go to the web site
at http://nfbmd.org/convention2017

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to

support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Save These Dates:

November 10-12, 2017.  Annual State Convention, Sheraton Baltimore North
Hotel in Towson, Maryland.

December 5 Central Maryland chapter Holiday party meeting

January 4 World Braille day

January 4, 2018

Central Maryland Chapter Hosts Screening of Do You Dream in Color
Documentary

The film depicts the problems that blind students experience in public
schools and other challenges that they face due to low expectations and
misconceptions

about blindness.

Place: Howard County Public Library, Central Branch

10375 Little Patuxent Parkway

Columbia, MD 21044

--

Graham Mehl

 <mailto:blind at trailstone.com> blind at trailstone.com

NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President

LCB graduate, 2016

 <http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>