[Central-md-chapter] NFB chapter Holiday party meeting reminder

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Mon Nov 26 01:11:52 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, December 4th at 6:00 p.m. is fast
approaching. The Other Barn is located at 5851 Robert Oliver Pl, Columbia,
MD.

Note: January chapter meeting will be on Monday, January 7th.

Please note December will be our annual Holiday party. Pam will be providing
music.

bring $20 - $15 for dinner and $5 for chapter dues

The menu is as follows:

ham

meatloaf

mash potatoes

green beans

cream spinach

sweet potatoes

green salad

corn bread

drinks

dessert - will be provided by chapter members

contact Sharon Maneki for rides and menu count

During the November meeting we had a guest speaker, Beth Silverman, from
Howard County's Office of Consumer Protection that gave us a briefing on
what she and her office does.

Also in November we had our state convention at the Carousel hotel in Ocean
City.  spirit night was on Friday, November 9.  Participants tried hockey
with the Washington Wheelers.  Where else can you go to a picnic and a play
at the same time get in the holiday mood?  Our picnic and a play on Friday
evening at 6:00 PM does just that.  The Braille is Beautiful performers
performed Santa Rides Again.

The tentative agenda for the meeting is as follows:

1.	Chapter Holiday party
2.	Announcement, January NFB chapter meeting is on Monday, January 7th

If you need transportation to the meeting, please remember to contact Sharon
Maneki by email nfbmd at earthlink.net <mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net>  or phone
at 410-715-9596 and bring a contribution to the meeting for the
transportation fund if possible.

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to

support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Save These Dates:

December 4th at 6p.m., NFB chapter meeting at the Other Barn

January 7th at 6:30 p.m., NFB chapter meeting at the Other Barn

January Annapolis Day in Annapolis, MD

January Washington Seminar in Washington D.C.

March 8, 2019 - Basket and Bag Bingo,  The Lodge, 2832 Nine Mile Circle,
Catonsville, MD.

July 7-12, 2019 - National Convention, Las Vegas, Nevada.

August 14, 2019 - Annual Crab Feast.  Note:  New location.   Tall Cedars,
2501 Putty Hill Ave., Parkville, MD 21234 .

--

Graham Mehl

blind at trailstone.com

NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President

LCB graduate, 2016