[Central-md-chapter] NFB chapter meeting reminder on Saturday, June 1st

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Mon May 27 19:09:22 UTC 2019

Hi All,
Our next NFB chapter meeting on Saturday, June 1st at 9:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
is fast approaching. We will meet at Pfeiffer's Corner School House in
Rockburn Branch Park, 6109 Rockburn Branch Park Road, Elkridge, Maryland
21075.

During the May meeting we had our chapter membership ceremony. Ronza Othman,
the NFB of Maryland President explained what it was to be a member and
passed out NFB membership coins to the chapter members. If you are a member
of our chapter and were not able to attend the membership ceremony, please
contact Ronza Othman at President at nfbmd.org.

Nasim has a volunteer job at the Howard County Food Bank. Please help him
out and bring an item for the food bank to the chapter meeting on Saturday.

June 1 - NFBMD Board of Directors Meeting.  This is a Saturday meeting that
will be hosted by our Chapter.  We will offer transportation.  The meeting
will be from 9:45-2:30 and will include lunch at a cost of $15.  This is a
chance to meet people from all over the state and to see what a Board of
Directors meeting is like. We are hoping for a good turnout.

2notes Sharon Maneki previously posted:
I am sorry to report that Tim Wolfe died on Saturday, May 11 after a long
battle with the complications of diabetes.  Tim was a member of the Central
Maryland Chapter for many years, until his health failed.  He was the first
blind civilian to work for a police department in Maryland.  He was a
community liaison officer for the Howard County Police Department.  Tim
loved life and fought valiantly to live it each day.   There will be a
celebration of life at a later date.  We will let you know the details when
they become available.  May he rest in peace.

BISM has some new managerial job opportunities in Hagerstown, MD and
Raleigh, NC.  Please read the announcement below from Anica Zlotescu.  If
you are interested, contact BISM directly as instructed in the announcement.
Do not contact NFBMD because we have no further information.  Good luck!

Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM) has new job postings at
facilities in Hagerstown, Maryland and Raleigh, North Carolina. The BISM
Employment webpage, listed below, includes detailed information about these
job openings. If you or someone you know would like to learn more, contact
Terri Walker in BISM's Human Resource Department: twalker at bism.org or
410-737-2686. We seek candidates interested in working in a competitive
environment where applicants will be evaluated based on performance, not
blindness.

https://bism.org/career

The tentative agenda for the meeting is as follows
1.	NFB of Maryland affiliate board of directors meeting since our
chapter is hosting.

If you need transportation to the meeting, please remember to contact Sharon
Maneki by email nfbmd at earthlink.net or phone at 410-715-9596 and bring a
contribution to the meeting for the transportation fund if possible.

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Save These Dates:
May 7th NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn
June 1st NFB Maryland state board meeting hosted by the Central Maryland
chapter
June 3- Eat at Tino's Italian Bistro.  11am-10pm. Carryout and delivery also
counts.  Tino's will give the chapter 10% of its profit for that day. Spread
the word to your friends and neighbors.

July 7-12th - NFB National Convention Las Vegas, NV.
July 22 - August 2 - NFB BELL Academy, Salisbury, MD
July 29 - August 9 - NFB BELL Academy, Baltimore and Glendale, MD
August 14th - Annual Crab Feast - Tall Cedars, 2501 Putty Hill Ave.,
Parkville, MD 21234
September 8th - Chapter  annual picnic
November 8-10 - Annual State Convention - Crown Plaza Baltimore Downtown

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee, Chair
LCB graduate, 2016