[Central-MD-Chapter] NFB chapter meeting reminder on Tuesday, November 5th

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Thu Oct 31 23:01:33 UTC 2019

Hi All,
Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, November 5th at 6:30 p.m. is fast
approaching. The Other Barn is located at 5851 Robert Oliver Pl, Columbia,
MD.

During the October meeting we had talked about the upcoming Maryland state
convention and Had Jerry Price as a guest speaker from LBPH. Jerry told us
about a variety of cool devices. I know I would not mind getting those blue
tooth speakers as a Christmas gift.

Please find information about the 2019 NFBMD State Convention below.
You may also visit our website at http://nfbmd.org/convention for the most
up-to-date information including the convention agenda.

Celebrating Our Stories, Defining Our Future!

Get ready for a weekend of fun and fellowship.  Come and be part of
celebrating our accomplishments and planning for the future!

.	Date: November 8 to 10, 2019
.	Place: Crown Plaza Baltimore Downtown Inner Harbor,
105 W Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
.	Meet our keynote speaker, Carla McQuillan, a member of the National
Board of Directors, and president of the NFB of Oregon.
.	Explore opportunities through special workshops for parents and
teachers of blind children, blind merchants and entrepreneurs, and students.
Check out our technology workshops and more.
.	Examine new products at the exhibit hall on Friday.
.	Help us raise expectations for ourselves and for officials who
manage services for the blind.

We have organized two tours for the Friday afternoon of the NFB of Maryland
state convention this year: a tour of the M&T Bank Stadium, home of the
Baltimore Ravens, and a behind-the-scenes tour of Everyman Theatre. The
times for the tours overlap, so you will need to choose one. Each tour costs
$10.00. To reserve a spot, contact Ellen Ringlein by November 6 either by
email at eringlein at nfb.org or by phone at (410) 659-9314, extension 2421.
Please gather in International Ballroom B at 1:00 p.m. to pay for your tour
and to prepare for departure.

The tentative agenda for the chapter meeting is as follows
1.	Recite the NFB pledge - It is at the bottom of this email so
practice before the meeting
2.	Chapter business
3. Discuss and vote on December Holiday meal - please see menu and price
options below
a. Farmhouse Greens catering - Catonsville, MD
b. Columbia Chef - Columbia, MD
c. Second Chance - Columbia, MD
4. 2 guest speakers presenting on paratransit services in Howard and Anne
Arundel counties
5.	Presidential release time permitting

If you need transportation to the meeting, please remember to contact Sharon
Maneki by email nfbmd at earthlink.net or phone at 410-715-9596 and bring a
contribution to the meeting for the transportation fund if possible.

Menu from farmhouse Greens
it would be $13PP for a group of 40, plus tax + gratuity  and $50 for
delivery and set up.
$15.34 PP with 18% gratuity
$16.09 PP if setup cost is included (slightly rounded down)

- Pulled Pork BBQ (GF) with Cornbread and Slider Rolls
- Baked Beans (V/GF), Carolina Slaw (VG), Thanksgiving Sliders
- Baked Penne Pasta Parmesan - 1 Vegan Pan/the other 3 Vegetarian
- Buffalo Bill Salad and Gimme The Greek Salad - I would recommend to
replace one with the Roasted Brussel Sprout, as neither the Buffalo Bill or
Greek are Vegan

GF = Gluten Free
VG=vegan
V=vegetarian

If you would like upgrade to the Beef Brisket, we would need a week's notice
and it would be $16PP instead of $13 PP.

Menu from Columbia Chef Catering
$15.25 PP For a group of 30 (10 Vegetarian meals )
$18 PP with 18% gratuity

Traditional Holiday Dinner: Sliced Turkey in Gravy, Sliced Honey Glazed Ham,
Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls &
Butter

Vegetarian meals: Penne Pasta with Roasted Vegetables in Charddonay Butter
Sauce, Tossed Garden Salad, Garlic Bread

Delivery Fee Included will be all chafing dishes to keep hot food hot, along
with all disposables needed for service.

Second Chance Menu:
$ 15.00 per person for a group of  25
$17.70 with 18% gratuity

Homemade Winter Soup Cup- to be determined with your group ( we make all
kinds and we would do a vegetarian soup to accommodate all such as Mushroom,
red lentil tortilla, black bean , or golden broccoli.

Homemade Entree suggestions;

Chicken Piccata
Garlic mashed potatoes
Green Vegetable(Green beans, broccoli, or sauteed spinach
Tossed Green salad with homemade vinaigrette dressing

Vegetarian protein choice to be determined with customer: Grilled sliced
portobello mushroom, black bean burger for examples

Or
Lasagna ( meat and vegetarian)
Green Vegetable(Green beans, broccoli, or sauteed spinach
Tossed Green salad with homemade vinaigrette dressing
Warm sliced Italian bread

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Save These Dates:
November 5 United States Election Day
November 5 NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn
November 8-10 - Annual State Convention - Crown Plaza Baltimore Downtown
December 3 NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting and Holiday Party at The
Other Barn
January 7, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn
February 4, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn
February 10, 2020 - Great Gathering In, Washington Seminar, Washington, DC
March 3, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn
March 13, 2020 - Basket Bingo
April 7, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn
May 5, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn
July 14 -19, 2020 - NFB National Convention, Houston, Texas
August 8, 2020 - Crab Feast
November 6-8, 2020 - Annual State Convention

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President NFB of Maryland Web site and
Technology committee Chair LCB graduate, 2016