[Central-MD-Chapter] NFB central Maryland chapter information updates

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Fri Oct 23 00:28:31 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I hope you are well and remaining healthy.
At our October meeting we discussed all of the Meet the Blind events the
chapter was participating in. We also talked about registration for the
upcoming state convention. For more details check out:
http://nfbmd.org/convention/2020

As you know The United States election are coming on November 3rd. See the
following message from the NFB national office.
Calling all blind and low-vision voters who participated in the 2020 United
States presidential election-the National Federation of the Blind needs your
feedback! Whether you voted during early voting, at your local polling place
on Election Day, or by mail, we want to hear about your experience. Please
complete the blind and low-vision voter experience survey at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NGFMPF2.

The results of this survey will be provided to state election officials,
state protection and advocacy agencies, and voting rights advocates to help
improve the accessibility of future elections. Funding for the survey was
provided through a Help America Vote Act (HAVA) grant from the
Administration for Community Living, United States Department of Health and
Human Services. Questions about the survey or accessible voting should be
directed to Lou Ann Blake at lblake at nfb.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2221;
or Jeff Kaloc at jkaloc at nfb.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2206. Thank you
for your participation!

Please check out the following NFB publications.
Maryland September Minute Message:
http://nfbmd.org/node/396

. Presidential Release #498, October 2020 (English Audio)
https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2020-10/presidential_release_liv
e_october_2020.mp3
President Riccobono presents the presidential release before a live virtual
audience. He discusses the importance of voting, this year's Meet the Blind
Month with an important gift match campaign with Vispero, an update on the
PAC, and more.

. Braille Monitor
Vol. 63, No. 9                 October 2020
https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm20/bm2009/bm2009tc.htm

At our chapter meetings we do our best to listen to the latest NFB
presidential Release. Due to the timing of our meetings and when the
presidential release is made available, we do not get to listen to the
latest release. Always. Please make time to listen to the Presidential
release to hear what is happening within the NFB movement.
The latest Presidential Release can be found at
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases
It was announced that all Presidential Releases will be virtual and recorded
on the first of the month for the rest of 2020.

Maryland minute message
The president of the NFB of Maryland sends out the Maryland minute message
on the last weekend of the month. The minute message contains all sort of
information about the NFB of Maryland happenings and movement. The minute
message can be found on the NFB of Maryland mailing lists, newsline, and on
the NFB of Maryland website under blog at http://nfbmd.org/blog

. Braille Monitor
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/braille-monitor#main-co
ntent
The Braille Monitor is the flagship publication of the National Federation
of the Blind. It covers the events and activities of the NFB, addresses the
issues we face as blind people, and highlights our members.

Save These Dates:

.	November 3, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter virtual meeting -
LDDP technology guest speaker
.	November 6-8, 2020 - Annual State Convention, Everywhere
.	December 1, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter virtual meeting -
Guest speaker from Howard County Office of emergency Management
January 5, 2021  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting and Holiday party at
The Other Barn
.	January 21, 2021 - NFBMD Day in Annapolis (rumor will be a week long
and virtual)
.	February 6, 2021 - Regional Braille Challenge, Maryland School for
the Blind
.	February 8, 2021 - Washington Seminar Great Gathering In
.	February 9, 2021 - Maryland Day on the Hill
.	July 6 -11, 2021 NFB national convention in New Orleans, LA
.	September 19 - 26, 2021 - Blind Cruising 2021, Carnival Pride,
Departing from Port of Baltimore

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee, Chair
LCB graduate, 2016